- Where to Call
- Where to Go
- What to Do
- What to Prepare
- Make a Plan
- Pet Preparedness
- Leverage Us
- Contact Us
Diamond Heights Disaster Ready Guide for Home and Business
Special thanks are due to NICOS Chinese Health Coalition for lending the Chinatown Fast Facts as a template for this site. In July 2008, the Diamond Heights Emergency Preparedness Planning Workgroup began meetings with neighborhood stakeholders toward the goal of developing a plan for how we could work together in Diamond Heights to provide services after a neighborhood or regional emergency or disaster. This guide completes our first goal to help our neighbors prepare their homes and businesses. Many thanks are due to the following individuals and organizations for the review and development of this guide.
- Diamond Heights Shopping Center – Jeanette Oliver, Manager
- Diamond Heights Neighborhood Emergency Response Teams (NERT) – Greg Carey, Neighborhood Coordinator
- Diamond View Residett’s Association – Annie Shynebaugh, Manager
- Glenridge Cooperative – Barbara Goodie, Manager
- Goldmine Hill Homeowners Association – Cynthia Woo
- NERT Volunteers – Pat Hendricks and Yosh Nakashima
- St. Aidan’s Church Emergency Preparedness Committee: The Rev. Tommy Dillon, Betsy Eddy, Bryan Gammill, Natalie Lloyd and Susan Spencer.
- San Francisco Communities Responding to Disaster (SF CARD) – Alessa Adamo, Director; Brian Whitlow Coordinator and Elisabeth Whitney, Coordinator
- Walgreen’s Diamond Heights - Steve Simon, Pharmacy Manager
- To share information and resources before and after a disaster
- Develop paper and electronic plans for neighborhood response including:
- The Diamond Heights Disaster Ready Guide for Home and Business, a guide for preparedness in advance of a disaster
- The Diamond Heights Disaster Ready Response Plan for Community-Based Organizations – a plan to share information and resources including meals and shelter after a disaster
Our Workgroup meets monthly the fourth Wednesday of the month from 4:00 to 5:00 pm at St. Aidan’s Episcopal Church, our workgroup host. For Information: Please contact Betsy Eddy, Workgroup Chair, at email@example.com, 415-867-5774.